From the very excellent Eric Schliesser.
The first volume (of two) edited by Guinevere Liberty Nell.
The Austrian economic school famously predicted and explained the problems of calculation in a socialist society. With their concept of spontaneous order, they challenged mainstream economists to look beyond simplified static models and consider the dynamic and evolutionary characteristics of social orders. However, many feel that Austrians took their victory too far and became ideologically devoted to laissez-faire.
Austrian Theory and Economic Organization is a collection of essays on problems and possibilities in economic organization, written by economists and political scientists with an interest in the dynamic and evolutionary nature of market economies. Each chapter explores areas of potential agreement between Austrian theory, market socialist economics, and other heterodox schools of economic and political science. The collection aims to bridge cultural and political divisions between free market advocates who stress individual rights and left-leaning thinkers who stress social justice and a culture of solidarity.
The first and only encyclopedia to focus on the economic and financial behaviors of consumers, investors, and organizations, including an exploration of how people make good—and bad—economic decisions.
• Contains an informative introductory essay that familiarizes students with the various aspects of behavioral economics
- Provides a list of additional readings for those interested in learning more about the topic
• Includes cross-references in each entry to help readers make connections between related topics
• Defines key terms that are likely to be unfamiliar to those without advance knowledge of the subject
• Helps readers identify and study particular entry categories through accompanying Topic Finders
With the cessation of operations for the journal Studies in Emergent Order C+T have agreed to host and make available SIEO’s full back catalogue of papers comprising a Who’s Who of Austrians and their sympathizers.